BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 25, 2013

How to hide ends without sewing

UPDATE: It was brought to my attention that the video didn't embed right...so here is the link..Thank you Michelle!!! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d51YHHIy4yc
I made another video...One I have been trying to do for quite some time. I was lazy. I really couldn't find a good time to do it. BUT today was that day! 

The video is about HIDING ENDS! A very sore spot for a lot of tatters. As tatters we have a couple choices open to us...We could either knot our thread together and then sew in the ends, or we could just not do it...But as a tatter that wants to show the public tatting, I need to know how to make the ends nice. So awhile back some GENIUS tatter figured how to do this...So now whether I finish on a chain or ring, I can finish nicely. This particular video addresses finishing with a chain. 

As you practice it, you get better...SO PRACTICE!!! I started with small motifs...the one in the video is three rings of 5-2-5 and the chains are 20...I wanted to make sure I had enough room to hide my ends...but I have used this with as little as 5ds...its a little tricky though...So here it is...

Also...bragging... I dont know if i posted a picture of my ribbon or not but here is one...it was actually pretty heavy. I thought it would have been lighter! Anyway, there were these cute picture cutouts all over the fair, and i thought that this wold be a good opportunity to be goofy...Goal Achieved!
 This was where my tatting was displayed...so proud and happy!
 AND up close!
SO until later...Adios!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Hmm. I'm duller than the average bear and can't find your video. Love to see it!
Congrats on your beautiful ribbon- that's a lovely piece of work.